It's nice to be inspired by others and surround yourself with people that push you to try new things. This is why pinterest is really great. The internet is full of fantastic, beautiful, weird, disgusting and educational things. It's a great place. It can pick you up, bring you down and cause you to get into a YouTube loop of things you don't even know why you are watching. This easy DIY was inspired by abeautfulmess.com post in October.
Things you need:
- Taper candles
- Painter's tape or any kind of tape you have around
- Paint (non-toxic if you are going to burn the candles)
- Paint brush
- Candle holder (optional, but makes drying much easier)
- Tape two sections of your candles where you don't want to get paint on it.
- Pick the paint color(s) you want to use, I chose black.
- Use a medium sized brush and paint away from the tape in light brush strokes at the top.
- Repeat the same as above for the bottom section. You can see where the tape was in the pictures below compared to the brush strokes away from the tape.
- Let candles dry completely before removing paint.